Tuesday 26 April 2016

Final Digital Resolutions OUGD401




I chose to just use the body of the image of Charlie Gilmour not the entire image, for one reason that the image can be universally used and not just for London (Which was were the photo was taken) it shows a young man waving a flag for revolution and change which is a strong political statement in its self. The picture reminds me a lot of one used in France '68 which depicts a person in a long coat throwing a brick, the image I have chosen shows more of a peaceful message. I kept using the red type and image overlay to keep using the styles I saw throughout my research. The type is Times italic I used this to as it is a bold serif font, which is seen as old fashioned, this was to promote the use of the slogan and style which was used almost 50 years ago in France, they are old but still relevant as ever today. I experimented with layout to get a good idea of how the piece would work when I screen print it. Below is the negatives I have prepared for screen print. I chose to Bitmap the image of Gilmour to obscure his identity and also to get a bolder print full of colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment